Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical/Modification/Accessory discussion / Re: Solar panel for your van?
« Last post by Geoff on February 12, 2018, 12:03:12 pm »
The panel I mounted on the roof with aluminium angle extrusion, I used self tapping screws and heavy adhesive, some people just use adhesive, such as sikaflex.
I was reticent of this, thinking the adhesive is only as strong as the paint it is on, unless you key it back to bare metal, that sikaflex does hold tight, and remains flexible.
There is an aluminium lip under the solar panel allowing adhesive and screws, so I all it was an easy task to fix to the extrusion.
A cable runs inside to the control unit, this has an outlet that you attach to the battery, pos + neg, if you have two batteries the charge carries over through the battery connections to the second battery.
Took me about two hours in total.

Here is the one I fitted..   http://www.photonicuniverse.com/en/catalog/full/342-180W-12V-dual-battery-solar-kit-German-solar-cells-for-camper--boat-with-controller-and-cable.html
Technical/Modification/Accessory discussion / Re: Solar panel for your van?
« Last post by Fat Rat on February 12, 2018, 10:53:08 am »
How is that mounted Geoff?
Technical/Modification/Accessory discussion / Solar panel for your van?
« Last post by Geoff on February 12, 2018, 07:59:30 am »
 I used this company, brilliant products, great service and advice, no problems in over three years, I run a fridge, lights, sound system,taps, charge all my tablets and phones etc, and have always been good for power with two 85amp hour batteries,summer or winter.
Any advice just ask here.
I also run a split charge system off the alternator in tandem.

http://www.photonicuniverse.com/en/catalog/full/43-100W-12V-dual-battery-solar-charging-kit-with-10A-controller-mounting-brackets-and-cables.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA8P_TBRA9EiwAJrpHM9lLc6GQ5-PTzOZ0zynWpfkPmb9gEIS9WW43CR-1n7sjM3FVtweTXBoCmyIQAvD_BwE
For Sale / Re: Vanping.com Merchandise
« Last post by Fat Rat on February 07, 2018, 05:04:26 pm »
I have received a batch of Bumper Stickers, PM me if you want one  :thumbsup:
Technical/Modification/Accessory discussion / Re: But baby it's cold outside....
« Last post by Geoff on February 02, 2018, 06:48:48 pm »
Looks a good bit of kit, my van has a multi fuel stove, it's more a case of keeping it cool! :goodpost:
Member Benefits / toys4vans.co.uk
« Last post by Fat Rat on February 02, 2018, 01:27:01 pm »
The good people at toys4vans.co.uk are offering a discount to members of this site. Simply quote 'vanping' when you call  :thumbsup:

Video / Vivaro testing
« Last post by Fat Rat on February 02, 2018, 12:50:59 pm »
Pretty thorough  :grinwink:

Technical/Modification/Accessory discussion / But baby it's cold outside....
« Last post by Little Rat on February 02, 2018, 10:42:05 am »
I was kindly donated a 12v electric blanket for the van and because vanping in the summer is for wusses; the middle of the coldest, most ice filled and just the worst time...is the most adventurous....I needed a bit of comfort.

Link for the blanket here... https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Extra-Large-12V-Heated-Travel-Electric-Blanket-8ft-Lead-Free-Delivery-/272758133059?txnId=1936440758017

It took me a while for the 'I've wet myself' feeling to occur, but almost instantly it turned on, took a little while to warm up. Not much heat comes out of it it doesn't get 'hot'....but there was a point where I was without a duvet and just the blanket was enough. It's very comfortable as just a blanket, I was impressed with how high quality it felt, super soft. My aux battery was flat as a pancake in the morning but I was warm. I didn't share, it was just big enough for one.   :neen:

I'd recommend it to people as an extra when it's especially cold. You know, for those who don't have central heating in their vans, true adventurers..
General Discussion / Re: toys4vans.co.uk
« Last post by Geoff on January 26, 2018, 03:12:40 am »
Sounds interesting, I shall be having a look at their website. :thanks:
General Discussion / toys4vans.co.uk
« Last post by Fat Rat on January 25, 2018, 05:23:55 pm »
The good people at toys4vans.co.uk are going to be supporting this site and will be offering a discount to members. More to follow  :thumbsup:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10